As a class we started our research on music magazine by analysing and annotating them in order to understand how they work. We learned about the masthead and its importance in identifying a particular magazine, the central image has to be dominating as that is what attracts the audience first hand and also how feature stories are eye catching and drives the audience into buying the magazine for a good story.
During this process of learning more about how magazines work, we did a preliminary task allowing us to experience the basics of making a music magazine. At first I struggled to make a magazine that would be relevantly attractive to my demographic audience as it was for students as well as parents. A mean while after, I had a go on understanding what parents and students would like to read in the school magazine and how relevant that would be.
As time came to do the actual magazine, I was therefore confident in what I was doing and understood how important preparation was. So to prepare my self I made questionnaires and handed them out to the youths to answer. From them I learnt that young people mostly listen to kiss 100 which consist of hip hop/ RnB, Rock and a variety of other type of music and most of the people that answered the questionnaire were of working class. This there for showed me what types of magazine most of my demographic audience are after and the price they are willing to pay for it.
<iframe title="Twitvid video player" class="twitvid-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="360" src="http://www.twitvid.com/embed.php?guid=ZXG72&autoplay=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
this is a short clip of myself demonstrarting the importance of music magazine and what it means to this generation. I also gathered results on quantitative data and qualitative data in order to express the reason of my chosen demographic audience.
<iframe title="Twitvid video player" class="twitvid-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="360" src="http://www.twitvid.com/embed.php?guid=ZXG72&autoplay=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
this is a short clip of myself demonstrarting the importance of music magazine and what it means to this generation. I also gathered results on quantitative data and qualitative data in order to express the reason of my chosen demographic audience.





No comments:
Post a Comment